Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Tampa Family Photographer - One day we'll be family...officially that is.

Every now and then in life you find a friend that becomes a permanent part of who you are. You may not talk every day, but you feel like you did. You may live what seems like hours apart, but it's worth the drive. You have no doubt that if you call them, if you need them, they will be there. The good, the bad, the horribly embarrassing moments - you share, you love, you support, you create traditions and you know that 10, 20, 30 years from now...you will still be friends...or better yet family.

Well, I'm lucky enough to have found Amyra, or really I guess that she found me.  It was my first week at a new job and this girl walked up to me and, as I like to remember it, she said, "You're gonna be my friend. Let's go on break." Now, I know that wasn't the exact wording, but we've been friends every since, so whatever she said to me must have worked. What do details really have to do with it anyway?

So, here we are, 8 or 9 years later, and I can honestly say that I couldn't imagine my life without Amyra. She's one of the best people I know. I could go on for hours about how great she is, but instead I'll just simply say that she is one of my very best friends (so, she has to be awesome, right?)

Because we like to do things together, Amyra and I were lucky enough to have our babies almost exactly three months apart. I had a girl, Baby L., and she had a boy, Baby M. They, of course, will be married one day and make this whole family thing official. It's already decided. But, until then I have to say, watching one of your very best friends have a child is an amazing thing. Baby M. makes all of Amyra's faces (and there are a lot of them, trust me!). He's a perfect mix of Amyra and her husband, James - both in looks and personality. But, I have to tell you the coolest thing is seeing the connection between Amyra and Baby M. Maybe it's because I'm at the same stages with Baby L., but it's so amazing to see them together, like "two peas in a pod," as my grandmother used to say. I'm so happy for her, and I'm so glad that we've gotten to share these special moments in our lives together.

Now, enough of my mush...let's get to the pictures. I met up with Amyra and Baby M. at Madeira Beach in St. Petersburg, FL. We just hung out, played on the beach and caught some of those special moments I was gushing about. Amyra, I love you. Thank you for letting me be part of this day with you two.

1 comment:

  1. Tina - these are amazing!! Keep it up. Hope to see you all soon..

    ReplyDelete