Monday, August 16, 2010

Tampa Baby Photographer - Smash Cake Celebration

I've been taking my time editing my Baby L.'s smash cake photos, partially because of time, but also partially because I can't deal with the fact that my baby girl is turning one. I've been staring at these photos wondering where the time has gone. Seriously? Where did the year go? I feel like I was just on leave, learning how to be a new mom. Now all of a sudden, I've got this little person squawking and talking and giggling and running around. I look at Baby L and just get overwhelmed with how much I love her. I didn't even know this much love was possible.

So, to celebrate my little one's birthday, as well as my obsession with birthday cake, we decided to do a smash cake session. For those of you who don't know what exactly a smash cake session entails - it involves a baby or toddler, a small cake, a big mess and a LOT of fun!

Baby L. really didn't know what to do with herself when we sat her in front of the cake. You put the girl on the beach and she shoves handfuls of sand in her mouth, but give her something edible and she's stumped :) She did, however, do the ever-so-popular super-slam down on the cake, which made her mama very proud. After a while, Baby L. got a handle on the cake-eating portion of the session, but that quickly led into her spinning in a circle and somewhat sitting on the cake. That's my girl.

I got Baby L's adorable smash cake from a local bakery called Sweetie's Delights. If you are in the Brandon/Bloomingdale/Valrico/FishHawk area, you HAVE to check them out. My family stops by there to indulge in their cupcakes and now they are becoming a family tradition with our birthday cakes. As you may know, I love cake, probably a little too much, so having a bakery like this so close is one of the little joys in my life.

I have to say that these are some of my favorite pictures of Baby L. They are 100% her and I know that next year, I'll be looking at these photos wondering where the second year went...

I love you little bean. Please don't grow up too fast.


And then there is this one ... I love this one. The color is complete different, but it's my favorite.  I look at this one and cry. I know that look, and I melt every time I see it. That's my beautiful little girl.



4 comments:

  1. These are simply amazing Tina. Your last one with your comment almost made me cry. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that last photo is gorgeous!!!! now im hungry for cake. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your girl is really precious !! Babies and cream work like magic every time. Lovely snaps !!

    ReplyDelete